- Tied for the K&N Pro Series East lead with three victories in 2011. 12 starts three wins, four top-5 and seven top-10 finishes. Finished 5th in the season point standings.
- Earned the pole in his first NASCAR touring series race - the 2010 NASCAR Toyota All-Star Showdown. 10 starts and three top-10 finishes.
- Rookie season in the Late Model Division at Shenandoah Speedway in 2009; scored six wins at the quarter‐mile speedway before moving to Motor Mile Speedway mid‐way through the season.
- In 2008, competed in the Bill Scott Formula Car road racing series at Summit Point in formula continental wing cars; won every race entered.
- Finished second overall in the Formula TR Series standings in 2007; set seven track records and won 11 of 20 races.
- Competed in various WKA Karting series from 2003 ‐ 2006; won several regional and national championships and won races in every class competed.
Sergio Peña is your typical 19 year-old. He is a full-time college student, he hangs out with his friends, he works out at the gym and he studies. But, while his college friends spend the summer working or playing, Peña will be chasing his dream behind the wheel of the No. 1 Hattori Racing Enterprises Toyota Camry in his contention for the NASCAR K&N Pro Series East Championship in 2012. Peña made a huge impression on the racing world in 2010 when he entered his first NASCAR K&N Pro Series race at the Toyota All-Star Showdown in Irwindale, CA. He won the Pole, and finished 2nd to 2009 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series “Rookie-of-the-Year” Joey Logano. Peña spent his rookie season in 2010 learning the tracks and the cars and in 2011 he came of age winning three races in one season. In 22 series starts, Pena scored three wins, four top-5 and 10 top-10 finishes. His average start is 7th and his average finish is 13th. The 2012 season marks a new beginning for Peña who joined a brand new team in Hattori Racing. Together, they will tackle a 14-race schedule at many tracks the NASCAR Sprint Cup visits. At the end of season, Peña hopes his summer break is anything but that of a typical 19-year old. When he starts back to college in the fall, he hopes he can tell his friends he is a NASCAR Champion.
Read more →
Dover, DE –The Hattori Racing Enterprise entries ran well in the opening and middle stages of the American Real TV 150 at Dover International Speedway in Dover, Delaware on Friday, September 28, 2012, only to …
Sergio Pena qualified and finished …Read more →